Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Time to get back in the swing!

My New Year's resolution is to get back into the swing of scrapbooking and card making!  I sometimes get lost in my life as a Mom and as a constant volunteer!  It's hard to find time to do things around planning Girl Scout meetings and driving my children to soccer.  MY PLEDGE to myself is to try and set more time aside to do the things I love!

In the last few days I've started to organize my space to prepare for the craftiness I have planned!  I admit my room will never be quite like the beautiful spaces I see all over the Cricut message board... but I still completely love it!  It's big enough to craft in and kid-friendly enough my children spend hours in it!   I simply don't need anything more..... well, unless you're talking more craft supplies!  

ORGANIZING METHOD 1:  Old Glass Jars
For the longest time I didn't know what to do with my old glass canning jars.  At my former home I displayed them in my kitchen at the top of my cabinets (along w/ a bunch of other 'country' looking items).  However, when we moved 3 years ago I wanted a different look and kept the jars tucked away in a box......Until last summer!  After reading another blog about the various ways to use old canning jars in a scrap room, I finally dug the old things out of the box and put them to use to hold my flowers!  


ORGANIZING METHOD 2:  2 Tier Metal Holder
This handy metal holder I found at my local Goodwill for .99!   It's the perfect size to hold all of my Michael's $1 bin buttons!  


ORGANIZING METHOD 3:  Stickles Holder
Who would have thought the local hardware store (Ace!) would have what I needed to construct a 'cheap' stickles holder?!  After reading about this idea on the Cricut messageboard, I decided to give it a whirl and make my own!  It works pretty well!


ORGANIZING METHOD 4:  Cropper Hopper 10 Drawer Cart
This is another one of my Goodwill finds!  It cost me a whopping $7.99!   Anyway, as you can see, I labeled each drawer with a color and now I am able to keep my scraps organized! 


ORGANIZING METHOD 5:  Stamp Holders
Ah yes.... 3 more Goodwill finds!  After scouting around online I discovered that many people were using old cassette holders for their stamps.  I'm definitely not a stamper (I tend to only have the cheap style!) but my girls and I still like to play around with them once in awhile.  This method allows us easy access to all our colors.


I think that's it for now!  I'll post some of my other organizing ideas in another week or so!
I hope you all enjoyed this short post on my room!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Love your organization and your goodwill finds! My goal is to organize my room better so I can scrap more and make more cards rather than looking for what I need! :D I really like your style and am now a follower!

http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/